This is written almost entirely in the style of Richard Simmons. It is not suggested for people with pre-existing heart conditions. Well, the exercises are– but the exclamation marks are not.
Here we go!
Just because you’re blogging doesn’t mean you can’t be losing weight and getting fit! You’re on top of your game! You get things done! Let’s cross one more item off that list!
Let’s prepare for a bright, beautiful 2013 and start early enough to form those super habits!
That’s right, wiggle around the way your 3rd grade teacher told you not to. Tap your foot! Move your pencil! You’re not comfortable, are you comfortable? No! Say it with me now– No! You’re not going to be comfortable till you’re prepared for the new years!
Don’t stop, don’t stop! Why?! Wiggling, fidgeting, shifting burns pounds and pounds worth of calories of year, even if it’s just foot tapping! The kind of fidgeting you’re doing is even better! You’re getting better! You’re gonna be the best!
Next, we Stretch!
Put your arms up and reeeeach for the stars! Let’s go! Hold it, hold it, hold it, and grab for a star– grab for one, darlin’, they’re all here for you!!! Has ten seconds passed already?! Okay, you bring ’em down!
You’re still fidgeting right? The wiggles never stop!!! And next time, the stretch will happen with your eyes closed! You’re far more likely to catch a star that way!
Are you breathing?! You should be breathing. Take a pause. One hand from the keyboard and on your stomach! Breath in, your tummy goes out! Breathe out, your tummy goes in! Three times, three times! Did you do it? Of courrrse you did, you’re fabulous!!!
We just shook up our metabolism, beat up a few unwanted calories, treated our muscles to a Scooby treat, and made ourselves at least twice as super as we were a moment before!!!
But seriously, kids. Here are some tips for safe, and healthy blogging:
- Fidgeting really does help you burn calories. So if you must read blogs for hours, and you must, at least tap your foot, play with your hair, and shift in your seat. According to a study at the Mayo Clinic, you can burn up to 350 more calories a day with regular wiggling.
- A couple seconds of stretching (as often as possible, and any chance you get) will make it easier for you sit at your desk and write delicious blogs– oh, and to live for the rest of your life.
- Blink. Or better yet, give your eyes regular breaks that last at least 15 seconds.
- Breathe correctly, and pay attention to the breathing you’re doing. It’s easy to sort of suspend breathing while reading, and that’s not good for you. Scientists are always going on about how important air is.
- Move the snacks from within reach of your table. If you must snack through blogging, you should make yourself work for it.
- Keep the snacks and drinks you consume while blogging to healthy ones, like water or almonds.
Stay tuned for Bloggyoga!
(Thanks to ArnoldtheArmadillo for the proofread. You COULD tap your food, but I don’t think that’d burn quite so many calories. 🙂 )