I stumbled across this blog Typealizer today.
What I like:
- It’s fast.
- You can type in whatever blog address you want, so you can see what your friends are.
- That they ask for your real Meyers Briggs profile to compare. This suggests that they’re building a better platform.
- The awesome brain graph and adorable picture.
What I don’t like:
- It’s based on Myers-Briggs. You see, I believe that the type-instincts of a person are different than that of a person-as-a-blogger, and different than that of a blog-as-an-entity. It’s like putting lotion on a bug bite. It’s not wrong… it’s just not right.
- It’s unclear as to how it extrapolates the data. For example, if it’s including comments in the blog text– are my commenters reflected in my personality?
- It pegged my husband as an E. That’s usually a sign that something’s wonky. He’s about as I as it gets– in blogging, and in the real world.
But it was fun, and about a million times faster than the Ra-Son BTI test.
Are you a Mechanic (ISTP), too? Did your personality match your real life Myers-Brigg results?