I’m so excited to welcome my guest blogger, Daile from KissMeOutOfDesire! Daile blogs about love & life, but the key to her charm is how she tells her stories. There’s humor, patience, & passion in every sentence. Be sure to send kisses and rawr-love her way! http://kissmeoutofdesire.wordpress.com/
I have the most amazing cat in the world. Before you start protesting that your cat is better, trust me on this one. My little squish-face-ginger-Garfield lookalike is awesome.
May I introduce the uninitiated to Bixby.
Meme worthy right?
As a single lady with a cat who is the object of many a hilarious adventure – including dress ups and baths – I often have to clarify quite loudly that ‘I AM NOT A CRAZY CAT LADY!” Firstly, I would need at least 3 more cats to claim that honour and secondly (shockingly!) I don’t actually like cats very much.
So how does a ‘non-cat person’ become an ‘I-like-one-specific-cat-and-that-is-all person’?? Let me count the ways…
1. Reluctantly move back in with your Father and little sister at 26 years old after being a proper grown up for at least 7 years.
2. Encourage Father to adopt the runt of the litter from a purebred Persian breeder who can’t be sold as a show cat because “his face isn’t squishy enough.” Said cat is for little sister because she is lonely.
3. Help little sister choose a name for new ginger cat. Name the cat a song from your favourite band – one you have convinced little sister is also her favourite band.
4. Bixby is created.
5. Realise that Bixby is a complete dude.
6. Hijack the cat from your 16 year old sister.
7. Make him sleep in your bedroom every night.
8. Lock the door.
9. Take him on adventures and sleep over’s with you.
10. Refuse to let your sister have him back.
11. Make him fall in love with you.
12. Because your sister is the sweetest she will unselfishly offer you her cat as your own when you move out.
13. You will accept the cat without hesitation.
14. Realise that you didn’t think you could love something as much as you love Bixby.
Become a crazy cat lady… But just for one cat.
Much Love – D x
Now that you love Daile and Bixby as much as I do, check out her blog for more of her particular brand of wonderment. If I were you, I’d start here:
Don’t forget to shower Bixby with copious amounts of praise– Daile will pass along your words. Compliments (the more involved, the better) is how cats refuel their super powers.
How do you decide on names for your pets?
Also, Dave turned Bixby into a dinosaur for me so I could keep up with my dino-themed guest post images. It was just too cute not to place in the actual post too though. Here you go: