I love you. In case you forget, here’s why:
- Good people — no… great people– find their way to you. You’ve met amazing people while visiting random internet chatrooms, building bonfires at the beach, taking out the trash, working for Very Important Companies, blogging, and buying cereal. It doesn’t seem to matter where you go: you bump into heroes, warriors, scholars, geniuses, artists, helpers, wanderers, and wonderers. It’s basically a super power.
- Your sense of humor is as vast as a dinosaur. You’ve laughed so hard that you’ve fallen off chairs, stadiums, trampolines, and treehouses. You’ve laughed so loudly that you’ve woken up babies, startled strangers, and terrified tourists. You’ve laughed at puns, the smashing of watermelons, morbid and obscene humor, philosojokes, absurdist novels, running gags, and even poop jokes.
- You are not afraid to learn new things, or more things, or scary things– even if it means tons of research, reading, and classes.
- You’re smart — scary smart — but you find ways to make people comfortable with it.
- You are brave. Even when it it surprises you, and especially when it surprises everyone around you.
- For every one item on this list, you could write 50 items about every person you know, and 100 about every person you love. Rawr on.
Love letters to yourself are going around. I figured if I could write a list of can’ts, I can write a list of loves. Here are some others, including the lovely Daile’s– whose pursuit of happiness inspired this wonderful craze.
Daile at KissMeOutOfDesire – Pursuit of Happiness
Tip of My Tongue – Jennie Saia
The Pursuit of Paulsen – Katie
Katie Beee – Kate
Cognitive Reflection – Moi
Smile, kiddo – Stef
Insert Memorable Title Here – Shell
Stardust – Anastasia
What’s something you love about yourself?