Our mini-meetup for Blogger Interactive was a fun night out for us six bloggers (and two blogging hopefuls?) that made it out.
Now here’s all the gossip you were dying to know…
- Yes, we did
lookact like family. The manager even asked, in a quite polite way, for me to explain the connection. Twice. If you’ve ever wondered if you’d have anything in common with a blogger you don’t follow yet, the answer is yes. You have a respect, appreciation, and knack for stories. If you’ve ever wondered if your significant others would get along, then also yes– only they can understand what it is to be in a relationship with a blogger and his or her blog.
- No, we didn’t really discuss blog stuff– that is, if you mean “widgets and such”. We did, however, discuss first crushes, lame answers to staple questions, Private Dancer, life goals, destiny, small business adventures, cat toys, indigestion, blog prompts, microwaved meals, tantrum-throwing monkeys, non-profits, books, the Crash Test Dummies, Scott Bakula, Silence of the Lambs, overly-empathetic readers and movie watchers, general awkwardness in small moments, termites, food poisoning, and the Extrovert vs Introvert life conundrum.
- Yes, blogging is a little cult-ish. Either that, or I’m just obsessed with converting normals into bloggers. (Can we call them normals? Is that politically incorrect?) Either way, apologies to the non-bloggers if they felt like they attended a sales pitch for blog-awareness. I hope the deformed dinosaur toy makes up for it.
- Yes, California is gorgeous. It was slightly windy, but the sun was out.
- Yes, Deborah is glowing, and yes, she’s about the friendliest closet monster I’ve ever met. In fact, if she represents all closet monsters, I think we can stop worrying. About everything.
- Yes, Dani’s hair is as show-stoppingly beautiful in real life, and yes, her laugh is gleeful and wonderful, and yes, her lovely wife really is as entertaining as reported.
- Yes, the Little Prince is a tiny pocket of charm. He’s walking now! (Can you believe it?!) The Queen is still picture-resistant, and yes, those of us who got to see her ever-smiling, multi-tasking, capability in action are luckier than those who did not. (Sorry, but truth is truth.) And Matticus? Even though he claims to be sleep-deprived, he’s as quick-witted and affably centered as ever. Plus, tall. Have I mentioned how tall he is?
- Yes, I wore an orange dress with a green sweater jacket. It totally matches if you’re a dinosaur. I promise.
- Yes, my husband and I hold hands under the table… and apparently in pictures, too.
Here we are, looking all respectable…
but you’d probably recognize us more in this one…
or perhaps even this one…
One of the highlights of my night, aside from meeting all these fabulous friends, was a thoughtful gift from the wonderful Dani.
It’s a Lego Dinosaur and his dinosaur helmet is removable. <- This sentence was originally written in all caps and was followed by several exclamation marks, but I know some who read this blog have sensitive heart conditions, so I toned it down. You’re welcome.
Thanks to everyone who came out, even those who opted to stay out of the pictures! And thank you to Blogger Interactive for inspiring the meet up!
Be sure to check out the bloggers who made it out. Spread a good deal of RawrLove their way, because without them, I would have just been a dinosaur in an orange dress all alone on a big table (aw):