There are about 15 million reasons why instigating an interactive blog game is a really bad idea right now. All the best blogging books would say it’s bound to be ineffective. Aside from the rules I always break — like not having a niche, and using the titles I like over the titles that make sense to The Reader– I’ve also been an inconsistent little blogger of late.
Will I post in the morning, or at night?
Will I post at all today? Will there be pictures?
Will I respond to your comment immediately, or in 3 days, or in 15?
Will I change themes again and again?
Will I stalk you and binge read your posts? Or act surprised when I see you again?
No one knows!
Least of all me.
I like to think of it as being as Blogger of Mystery, rather than a blogging dinosaur who hasn’t gotten her head on straight yet.
In the middle of chiding myself for not writing or responding with any regularity, I read a comment posted by A, asking me for a picture of something native to my area– something so very “Southern California” that you couldn’t mistake it.
And that’s when I thought of the best birthday present I could possibly imagine–
Here’s how it works:
- Pick something.
- Provide your name or whatever link you want me to use.
- I will take a picture of it, or with it. If you pick a poem or story, I could read a piece of it in a video. I’ll make sure your name shows up in the picture or video so we can keep tabs on my progress.
- I have no idea how long it’ll take to accomplish this, but when I’m done, I’ll post all about it. It’ll be fun and exciting, and amazing. Either that, or mildly interesting. I promise.
As an example, I picked pomegranate for my own word. Why?
No one knows!
Blogger of Mystery!
So, what say you, oh Best Beloveds?
Do you break any well-worn blogging rules? How do you celebrate your birthday?
And most importantly–
What’s the word?
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
As of 1am PST 8/27/2015. I think I’m gonna give myself an entire month, so feel free to jump in. I’ll cap it at 100 words though I don’t think we’ll get close to that. These are the words so far:
- Magic (+ Bonus Pic) ( + Link to Friend’s Post)
- Joshua Tree
- Humble (Tumble or Crumble)
- Soya Curry
- Giant Sequoia
- Manhole Cover
- Sculpture (+ Bonus pic)